Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Book Suggestions, Anyone?

We're always wondering what we're going to read next...so if you have an idea please share it here!
Some suggestions so far have been:
Stardust
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintainence
Interview with the Vampire

Well, what do you think? What sort of book should we read next? Do we want happy endings? Sad endings? Romance? Sci-fi? Things that give us nightmares? Or things that make us lose sleep to questioning our morals and integrity? Or things that make us lose sleep because we can't stop reading them?
...
I'm starting to feel like all Bibliophiles are also insomniacs. Odd.
THE POINT: Book suggestions. Please.
--Lauri

3 comments:

Cynthia K said...

I was wondering if anyone has any interest in talking about short stories? With all the reading folks are doing for classes, we might get more people to commit to reading a rich and compelling shorter work? If so, I would nominate Joyce Carol Oates' In the Region of Ice. I'm going to use it in my Psychology and Literature class in Fall 2009. It deals with teacher/student relations in a very atypical fashion. The library could make copies and have them available at cost? The meetings are during my 101B class, so sorry I'll miss the next one too. Prof. K

Minkai Ong said...

I recommend Artemis Fowl, Alex Rider, Darren Shan and Eragon. All these books are way better than Harry potty!

btw, this blog is sooo empty....

kirstiemuggins said...

I have no idea what to suggest to read next. I want to read somethign that I haven't read before but I know is a really good book. Ummm... I'll get back to you later on this one, haha.

Sorry, I'm not much of a blogger.

:(